My work is produced through an unapologetic lens of being queer, black and woman. I am committed to creating space, visibility & cultural competency for LGBTQIA+ brown and black communities through the mechanisms of media.
Here are some of the ways I can help your organization do that as well:
- Creative Project Consulting
- Workshop/Discussion Facilitation (Academia, etc.)
- Event & Panel Hosting/Moderating
- Non-Fiction/Fiction Article & Essay Writing
Have an idea in mind that you think I'd be a perfect fit for? Contact me.
- When I Left Him for Her: And what I learned from looking back - SHONDALAND.COM
- "Feed The Resistance" | An Interview on Allyship With Bestselling Author, Julia Turshen - SAFEWORDSOCIETY
- Going Home Queer For The Holidays - SHONDALAND.COM
- How I Found Body Positivity After Trauma - PRIDE.COM
- Confessions Of A ‘Serial Monogamist’ Living In The Queer Online Dating World - GO MAGAZINE
SafeWordSociety X Veggie Mijas | The Visibility Pack Picnic
Receiving the Harvey Milk Alumnus Award, for making substantial contributions to social justice issues in her work and for community involvement, from her alma mater, University at Albany, SUNY.
Click here to watch her speech as the keynote speaker for the 2018 Lavender Celebration during commencement.
"In this episode of Family Matters, we invited three members of the LGBTQ+ community to sit down with family members and talk candidly about coming out and how race and culture play a role in family dynamics. LGBT People Talk to Their Families About Coming Out | Family Matters | them."
INTERVIEWS & PRESS
Let's get visible: Meet Kristen McCallum - PassionFruit
Interview with SafeWordSociety Founder Kristen McCallum - Got A Girl Crush
100 Women We Love: Class of 2017 - GO MAGAZINE
Hi Femme! Kristen McCallum - DAPPERQ